TRAINING - RESOLVING DISPUTES IN WORKPLACES
With offices in Ottawa and Toronto
ADR - RESOLVING DISPUTES IN WORKPLACES COURSE
This workshop gives participants the hands-on skills they need to manage conflict in workplaces. Participants learn how to prevent conflicts from spiralling into costly disputes and how to resolve disputes quickly, efficiently and in a cost effective way. Here are some of the things we cover in this workshop:
- Dynamics that generate disputes in workplaces and how to nip them in the bud
- The role that competition, cooperation and conflict avoidance play in workplace disputes
- Techniques for building collaboration
- When to compromise and when to not compromise
- Understanding interests and where they fit in
- Techniques for using interests to prevent and resolve disputes
- Using process to prevent and resolve disputes
- Using legitimacy to prevent and resolve disputes
- Techniques for helping others to abandon unreasonable expectations
- Techniques for separating intention from impact
- How to say things and send messages in ways that avoid unnecessary friction
- Effective listening skills
- Techniques for having difficult conversations, i.e., conversations involving strong emotions, identity and/or talking about "what happened"
- Identifying and using Best Alternatives to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA’s) to analyze situations and to educate others in non-threatening ways
- Generating options for resolution
- Strategies for preserving and building relationships
- Dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAINING WE PROVIDE
For information about our lead trainers - Roger Beaudry and Joy Noonan - click here
For information about our approach to training - click here
To read what past participants to our workshops have said about them click here
AVAILABILITY OF OUR TRAINING
The ADR - Resolving Disputes in Workplaces Course is currently only offered to organizations as a customized in-house workshop. Please contact us to have one of our trainers design a customized course that meets the specific needs of your organization.
For a list of the courses we offer for individual general public registration - click here
Nos formations sont aussi offertes en français.
Our courses are also offered in French.