TRAINING - CONDUCTING WORKPLACE INVESTIGATIONS (HARASSMENT AND OTHER WORKPLACE WRONGDOING)
With offices in Ottawa and Toronto
In this two day workshop participants learn how to conduct effective workplace investigations into harassment and other workplace wrongdoing. Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Definition of harassment
- The stages of an investigation
- Defining the mandate
- Planning out the investigation process
- Maintaining neutrality and independence
- Collecting and preserving evidence
- Conducting effective witness interviews
- Drafting the report
- Dealing with settlement opportunities
- Effective recommendations
- Communicating the results of the investigation
- Bullet-proofing the results of the investigation
- Pitfalls and guarding against the things that can go wrong
- Checklists for investigation intake
- Checklists for setting up the investigation
- Checklists for launching the investigation
- Checklists for collecting evidence
- Checklists for making findings and reporting
- Templates for first contact with a party, a party advisor and a non-party witness
- Templates for conducting witness interviews
HERE IS WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
The information and handouts are great to use as tools going forward. The pace was good. Both instructors were excellent and provided very good examples of their roles in investigations.
Cathy Leblanc, Human Resources Advisor, Atomic Energy of Canada
Well organized and very detailed. Great take away tools... Instructors were very effective and knowledgeable.
Emily Koolen, Director, HR and OD, St. Lawrence College
Knowledgeable instructors, relevant topics and excellent presentation.
Mike Gelinas, HR Investigator, Commissionaires Ottawa
Tons of information; almost needs to be a three day course! Very informative. You obviously have a lot of experience. Thanks! I learned a lot!
Rosie MacLean, Human Resources Specialist, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
I enjoyed this workshop and more specifically liked the information provided through the checklists and the first contact information sheets...Both instructors were great.
Caroline Etter, Law Clerk, Caroline Etter Consulting
There is so much material and so much to learn and be aware of. It was very intensive and I got a lot more out of it than I expected. This has been very helpful. The instructors were very effective. Appropriate amount of humour adds to the effectiveness of the presentations. Two instructors was interesting because it is always good to have different perspectives and different experiences.
Glen McDonald, Senior Planner, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
Click here to view dates on which this course is offered to the public
Click here to register for this course
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAINING WE PROVIDE
For information about our lead trainers - Roger Beaudry and Joy Noonan - click here
For information about our approach to training - click here
To read what other past participants to our workshops have said about them click here
Nos formations sont aussi offertes en français.
Our courses are also offered in French.